If you have noticed signs around your house that you might have an infestation, you will want to get rid of it as soon as possible for the safety of your family. Rodents, cockroaches, fleas, flies, termites, or fire ants destroy property and transmit disease.
Pests can transmit serious diseases to humans, from asthma and respiratory problems to fevers, muscle aches, blurred vision, leprosy, and even death.
There are several videos and countless tips on the internet with different remedies to get rid of certain pests. However, it is important to note that there is nothing like a professional service with experience in the pest in question to get rid of it once and for all.
Remember that it is important that you inform your landlord of the presence of a pest so that he can take the appropriate measures and, between the two of you, can ensure that the problem is resolved.
Steps to follow to combat a pest
To solve a pest problem, the key is to be willing to learn about the one you have in your home and to find out about the options available to control it. Here are some things to consider.
· Identify, monitor, and determine the type of pest you have and the type of threat it represents in your home
· Eliminate food sources, litter, hiding places, and anything else that might attract them
· Keep food well stored, closed and/or refrigerated
· Check any cracks or spaces through which animals or insects could enter your house
· Eliminate any type of humidity in your home, especially in narrow spaces
· Take photos of the animals or any traces or signs they may leave
· Take note of the location, time of day, and any other information about where you find the pest
· Contact a specialized pest control team for more information about their services
· Notify your landlord immediately
Remember that although it is the landlord’s obligation to keep the home in habitable conditions, you can also help prevent the presence of pests.
If you have any problems or doubts about this situation, contact our lawyers. We will help you bring peace of mind back to your home.